Monday, May 3, 2021

My Presence on Social Media

    

    I use social media to keep myself updated on things that are important to me: my friends; what they’re doing, new movies, new music, and major events. The social media apps that I use are Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter; I use all of them in different ways. Instagram is the place I post pictures of myself and major events in my life. It is the platform that helps me stay connected with childhood friends; I wish them happy birthday. I also post songs that I enjoy in addition to motivational quotes that are thought provoking. On Snapchat, I have streaks with over 10 people and my highest streak is 635 days. I post videos of what I’m currently doing with friends, along with sharing my thoughts on important events. Snapchat is a more personal platform because I post quotes and thoughts that are going through my mind everyday and I get my followers to reach out to me and they appreciate the content I put out. I prefer to post on Snapchat a lot more because the videos are only made available to see for 24 hours. Finally, I use Twitter to tweet out my thoughts on subjects that interest me the most. Twitter has a news section on the main page, which is how I catch up on the top news of the day. I personally like Twitter a lot because there is an algorithm to it every time when people tweet things out. In all of these apps, I keep in mind with all of the information that I’m putting out there because it will put me in greater risk of identity theft, stalking and harassment.

    The value that social media has for me is that I’m able to share my life and meet new people that I don’t even know. I’m able to start up conversations even if I don’t know much about them. Social media helps me build more confidence in myself by sharing things that I’m doing with friends on Snapchat. I can also share my thoughts on major events through all of the other social media apps that I use and I can start up 7-8 hour conversations with someone who is very interested in the topic. The importance of social media is in the way it connects people all across the world. Also, to talk about my relationship with technology further, despite me being on it for an excessive amount, I still feel my relationship with social media is healthy because I’m able to limit my time on it and I try to not let it consume me.

    Overall, if I were to apply for a job an employer would look me up online, they would find that I portray a very clean, not to mention charming image on the pictures I post on my accounts. The older I get, the more safely I use social media by limiting the stuff I post and not give any of my personal information because just like tattoos, the internet is forever. It’s better to leave a positive footprint than a negative footprint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Presence on Social Media           I use social media to keep myself updated on things that are important to me: my friends; what they’re...